9 Tips for Columbia MBA Essay Writing
The Columbia MBA essay, as well as, a Stanford essay MBA is one of the most important aspects of your application for the top world university. In today’s guide, you will discover of the nine most effective tips in writing your essay so that you can capture the attention of your readers and be able to wow them in the process.
Columbia MBA Essay Questions
- “Through your resume and recommendations, we have a clear sense of your professional path to date. What are your career goals going forward, and how will the Columbia MBA help you achieve them?” (Maximum 500 words)
- “Columbia Business School’s location enables us to bridge theory and practice in multiple ways: through Master Classes, internships, the New York Immersion Seminars, and, most importantly, through a combination of distinguished research faculty and accomplished practitioners. How will you take advantage of being “at the very center of business?” (Maximum 250 words)
- “CBS Matters, a key element of the School’s culture, allows the people in your Cluster to learn more about you on a personal level. What will your Clustermates be pleasantly surprised to learn about you?” (Maximum 250 words)
Short MBA Admission Essay Questions
“What is your immediate post-MBA professional goal?” This is only up to 50 characters and not words. Take note of that. Some possible answers may include,
- Launch a business start-up
- Work in the business development of a restaurant chain
Tips for Success in Columbia MBA Essay Questions
- You should not restate what you have already said or included in your resume. Do not repeat your career path from that point up to this point. Do not waste space by writing what you already did in the resume.
- Tell them what you want to achieve after the MBA as well as what your long-term plans are. You should also tell them about your experiences that have helped you prepare for your MBA.
- You should be able to highlight what makes the school the best choice in terms of getting you to your life’s aspirations. You should tell them why the program is the most suitable that can help you obtain the learning that you need to become what you want to become in the future after the MBA program.
- You must be able to connect your past and your future.
- For more help, you may also want to visit their website and read about their missions and visions, which you can translate into your goals. In this case, you will be able to demonstrate both self-awareness and fit into the essays.
- Be ready for your first draft. Read it aloud and take note of the areas that need improvement.
- Be specific in your responses and mention clear and practical examples. You can also talk about at least two target companies where you want to work in the future.
- Take note of the word count and be sure to keep it to that length.
- Edit your paper a couple of times and be ready for revisions when needed.
There you have the tips to know about acing the admission essay and questions from the Columbia University MBA programs. Take note of these and start early so you will have more time to adjust or improve your pieces.
You might also want to learn how to write a Harvard MBA essay and we are pleased to tell you that!