Full-Time MBA Application Requirements
Whether you want to enroll in MBA program or looking for a new place to discover more in enhancing your knowledge, it is important to know about MBA application requirements. It will be your best help in applying.
General MBA Admission Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree: This is one of the MBA entry requirements you must submit in your MBA application. Applicants must have four year completed degree in accredited institution or university. In some cases, it is not important to have a business employment background in applying to full time MBA program.
- GPA: Applicants must need to earn a cumulative GA of at least 3.0 in a 4.0 scale. Consideration will be given to applicants who meet the GPA requirement. Candidates must need to make sure that they earn the required GPA before applying.
- GMAT or GRE test score: All full time MBA candidates are required to take GRE or GMAT test because it will be the basis to know whether they will qualify or not. The scores are used in indicating aptitude for studies in business and it is valid for 5 years. For applicants who have taken the GRE or GMAT test, the highest score is the one to be considered. Applicants must need to know about the GMAT code and the GRE code of the institution. There is also requirement for quantitative proficiency demonstrating that applicants can able to navigate the curriculum of the program. For low quantitative score, it is required that students should retake the exam or to submit other supplemental documentation such as previous grades in quantitative classes.
- English language proficiency: This is a university requirement and it is important that applicants should check it out to know if they need to submit it or not. In some cases, it is required that international applicants or candidates whose native language is not English must submit their test results for TOEFL or IELTS. Applicants must need to demonstrate their proficiency in English language.
- Work experience: Students having two or more than work experience has greater success that is why it is required that applicants should at least two years business work experience to prove that they can do it. It is to make sure that you can finish the MBA program.
- Essays: Some universities require one essay as well as optional essay in applying to full time MBA program. For dual degree in MBA, it is required that they do the optional essay. Applicants should keep their answer concise and meet the word count required. Answer the essay question straightforward and specific.
- Letters of recommendations: Universities will require letters of recommendation and some of the school requires two recommendation letter that come from professional persons such as supervisor or consultant. At least one of the recommendation letters will come from current employer.
- Professional resume: Applicants must need to prepare business resume which include educational accomplishments and employment history. The resume must need to have the complete details that the school is looking for.
- Transcripts: Submit all transcript of record from all attended universities. There are universities that accept unofficial transcript of record but they need to make sure that they submit the official transcript of record if they qualify or the program requires them.
- Application fee: Applicants should pay the application fee the time they submit their application.
About MBA Application Requirements
There you have the general requirements that you need to meet in applying for full time MBA program. If you know how to apply for MBA will help you to prepare in advance. If there is a school you want to apply for, make sure that you meet all requirements and you submit your application on time.