Introduce Yourself Essay MBA Writing Tips
The introduce yourself essay MBA is a top essay question to answer and you have to tailor your response in a manner that will capture the attention of the admission committee. In today’s post, learn how to write MBA essay in the most excellent way as possible.
MBA Essay Introduce Yourself Sample: What to Know
This essay is your chance to introduce yourself in the best way that you can. To make that happen, you should conduct a thorough self-reflection. In the process, you will be able to assess yourself and determine the things you have done that have helped you in getting where you are and those things you still want to achieve later on in life, short-term and long-term goals.
Writing the MBA Essay Introduction of Yourself
- Do not repeat what you have stated in your CV or resume. Repeating what you have already said in your application is a total waste of space. The admission committee would like to know who you are and what you can do. They want to get into your thoughts and learn of your insights and perspectives of the industry and your plans to making a change and positive impact. You can choose at most three qualities of yourself that you want to highlight in your application and elaborate. In the process, you will be able to share yourself to the committee. Again, do not repeat yourself, so avoid highlighting your awards, school transcripts and things they already know about your application.
- You should write in the manner as if you are speaking with your classmates. Imagine yourself introducing yourself to the people you are going to be with during the years you will be in the program. You can think of a good anecdote or story that you want to share with your classmates, but you should not sound too confident or arrogant. Make your story concise, so pick your words and avoid wordiness. Make your story simple yet concise.
- Avoid sounding boring. You should keep your story interesting so that they will keep on reading. What is that story that sets you apart from the pack? This is the starting point to writing your essay of self-introduction.
- You should do your homework and know what the MBA programs are about. In this case, you may want to visit their official website and find out as much about the institution—their mission and their culture. By learning of these things, you will be able to connect those into your goals.
Learn more about proper MBA admission essay format in order to excel!
Tips for Success in MBA Admission Essay
- Read the essay prompt again and understand it well before writing.
- You may also want to pick up keywords that you can use as key themes to keep in your entire essay.
- Brainstorm and learn about the things to include in your essay.
- Create multiple drafts and pick the best one that best illustrates your thoughts.
- Get feedback from friends and family.
- Read your essay a couple of times and make sure to free it from any grammatical and spelling mistakes.
Follow this guide in writing your MBA essay and make yourself shine. Finally, spend enough time in brainstorming, drafting, writing and editing your paper for the best results.